The Lake Charles Urbanized Area Metropolitan Planning Organization’s
Transportation Policy Committee to vote on Amendment II to the 2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP)
to adopt LADOTD’s Transportation Safety Performance Measures and Targets, being
- 1 % reduction in fatalities from a 2016 baseline of 758 to a target of 721 in 2018.
- 1 % reduction in serious injuries from a 2016 baseline of 1,401 to a target of 1,344 in 2018.
- 1 % reduction in fatality rate from a 2016 baseline of 1.55 to a target of 1.49 in 2018.
- 1 % reduction in serious injury rate from a 2016 baseline of 2.86 to a target of 2.80 in 2018.
- 1 % reduction in non-motorized fatalities and serious injuries from a 2016 baseline of 346 to a target of 311 in 2018.
Annual targets will be expressed as five-year rolling averages and be compared with a five-year rolling average base period comprising of the five calendar years ending prior to the year the targets are due.
Public Review Period: September 20th, 2017 – October 4th, 2017.
Final Hearing: October 4th, 2017, 3 PM – 5 PM. 4310 Ryan St., Suite 330, Lake Charles, LA, 70605.
For more info-
Mail: IMCAL, 4310 Ryan Street, Suite 330, Lake Charles, LA 70605,
Phone: (337) 433-1771.
The MTP amendment will be available during the Public Review Period at the public libraries in Lake Charles, Sulphur, Moss Bluff, and Westlake on September 20th, 2017.
These planning activities are the joint responsibility of the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (LA DOTD) and the Lake Charles Urbanized Area MPO.