The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
Voting members include those appointed by those mayors of each of the cities in the MPO boundary (i.e. Lake Charles, Sulphur, and Westlake). Additional voting members include one representative from the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury , the Chennault International Airport Authority, the Lake Charles Municipal Airport, the Port of Lake Charles, The Calcasieu Parish School Board, and the Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) District #7 Office (administrator or his designee).
The TAC reports directly to the TPC and works closely with the MPO staff.
The TAC has the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Transportation Policy Committee with technical tasks
associated with developing the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) and recommend its adoption by the Transportation Policy Committee.
- Review transportation related studies within the Metropolitan Planning Area and make recommendations to the Transportation Policy Committee and other agencies.
- Provide technical support in the preparation of Metropolitan
Transportation Plan and recommend its adoption by the Transportation Policy Committee.
- Review the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and other high priority projects. Recommend its adoption by the Transportation Policy Committee.
- Advise the Transportation Policy Committee on technical matters and, if specifically authorized by the Transportation Policy Committee, on the policy matters with accompanying recommendations and supporting rationale.
All meetings shall be posted with a minimum 72 hours notice on the IMCAL events calendar as well as the meeting notice section of the American Press newspaper.
Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) minutes.
In compliance with the Louisiana Open Business Laws: It is essential to the maintenance of a democratic society that public business be performed in an open and public manner and that the citizens be advised of and aware of the performance of public officials and the deliberations and decisions that go into the making of public policy”. For additional information, see the full text of the Open Meetings Law set forth in LSA-R.S. 42.4.1
Additional meeting minutes and public documents can be obtained by contacting IMCAL staff
or by phone at (337) 433 1771