For access to meeting minutes, or any other archived information please feel free to contact us.
The Transportation Policy Committee (TPC)
- Mayor of the City of Lake Charles,
- Mayor of the the City of Sulphur,
- Mayor of the City of Westlake,
- Calcasieu Parish Director of Planning and Development,
- District Engineer for Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (District 7).
The TPC carries out key policy functions and directs the transportation planning process for the Lake Charles Urbanized Metropolitan Planning Area (MPA) in accordance with the Federal Transportation Act, FAST ACT. Such responsibilities include cooperative transportation planning and programming, including the review and approval of appropriate plans, implementation programs, and other similar items.
2017 Scheduled TPC Meetings, 9 am SEED Center:
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
Voting members include those appointed by those mayors of each of the cities in the MPO boundary (i.e. Lake Charles, Sulphur, and Westlake). Additional voting members include one representative from the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury , the Chennault International Airport Authority, the Lake Charles Municipal Airport, the Port of Lake Charles, The Calcasieu Parish School Board, and the Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) District #7 Office (administrator or his designee).
The TAC reports directly to the TPC and works closely with the MPO staff. The TAC has the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Transportation Policy Committee with technical tasks
associated with developing the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) and recommend its adoption by the Transportation Policy Committee.
- Review transportation related studies within the Metropolitan Planning Area and make recommendations to the Transportation Policy Committee and other agencies.
- Provide technical support in the preparation of Metropolitan
Transportation Plan and recommend its adoption by the Transportation Policy Committee.
- Review the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and other high priority projects. Recommend its adoption by the Transportation Policy Committee.
- Advise the Transportation Policy Committee on technical matters and, if specifically authorized by the Transportation Policy Committee, on the policy matters with accompanying recommendations and supporting rationale.
2017 Scheduled TAC Meetings, 9 am SEED Center:
2017 Scheduled HSTP Meetings, 2pm SEED Center:
The Complete Streets Advisory Committee
This Advisory Committee is established in order to become a reliable source of information for public officials of municipalities within the Greater Lake Charles Urbanized Area, to provide recommendations to the TAC for future mobility and Complete Streets Projects using existing Right-Of-Way, and to support current and future applicable multi-modal plan.
Voting members include representatives from
- LaDOTD – District 7
- City of Lake Charles
- East Municipalities of the Lake Charles Urbanized Area
- West Municipalities of the Lake Charles Urbanized Area
- Calcasieu Parish Police Jury
- CEO of Community Foundation of SWLA
- SWLA and Lake Charles Convention and Visitors’ Bureau
- Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Office
- Community Runners
- Mayor’s Commission on Disability
- Community At-Large
- Community Cyclists
2017 CSAC Meetings, SEED Center:
Quarterly meetings, times and dates to be announced minimum 72 hours prior to meeting.
In compliance with the Louisiana Open Business Laws: It is essential to the maintenance of a democratic society that public business be performed in an open and public manner and that the citizens be advised of and aware of the performance of public officials and the deliberations and decisions that go into the making of public policy”. For additional information, see the full text of the Open Meetings Law set forth in LSA-R.S. 42.4.1
Meeting minutes and public documents can be obtained by contacting IMCAL staff
or by phone at (337) 433 1771