The Imperial Calcasieu Regional Planning & Development Commission (IMCA), located in Lake Charles LA, is responsible for the economic development and regional planning of 5 Southwestern Louisiana parishes: Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron and Jefferson Davis.
IMCAL is looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial planner who understands economic development, the processes of obtaining grants, loans and other financial and technical support for the region. This position reports to the Executive/MPO Director.
The Regional/Economic Development Planner is responsible for facilitating, promoting and ensuring community planning and economic development throughout the five-parish region.
- Facilitate community/economic development planning process;
- Works with Economic Development Administration (EDA), Delta Regional Authority (DRA) and other federal and state agencies regarding funding and grant opportunities;
- Establish and support a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) committee and any appropriate sub-committees;
- Develop economic profiles for the region and communities;
- Facilitate the development of community economic development plans including a vision, goals and objectives and any on-going changes, as appropriate;
- Research and provide recommendations regarding regional planning and economic development opportunities;
- Develop, implement and evaluate any economic development and regional planning studies, as needed;
- Represent communities and the region at regional and national conferences and meetings;
- Secure funding for economic development activities and programs;
- Be entrepreneurial in securing opportunities which assist the goals of IMCAL;
- Develop a communications strategy for consistent outreach to the communities in the five-parish region and beyond;
- Develop sustainable strategies and plans to assist communities with basic planning concepts;
- Other duties as required or as needed.
A bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, political science, economics, business or related discipline. A master’s degree is a plus, but not required. Industry certifications such as AICP or CEcD is a plus.
Four years or more of planning and/or economic development experience or closely related background.
An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of economic development principles, a strong research/analyst and communicator. Must be able to work independently and be pro-active around the region regarding economic development and planning matters. Must be able to manage complex and long-term projects
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and letter of interest to: Cheri L. Soileau, AICP, Executive/MPO Director, 4310 Ryan, Suite 330, Lake Charles LA 70605 or firstname.lastname@example.org